The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pictures of my fruits & veggies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tkhooper on June 09, 2006 03:49 AM
 - This is my roma tomato plant and it is doing great so far this year.

- This is the yellow onion I bought from the grocery store. It's alittle to the right on the picture. It's getting ready to bloom any time now. I can't wait to see that.

I tried to get a picture of my pepper plant with one pepper on it that is almost as tall as the plant but the picture didn't turn out.

-
 -
by mater sandwich on June 09, 2006 04:40 AM
Looks good! [thumb]

Is that the hill you had previously mentioned about terracing?

Some days there is more laughter than others....Just depends on what/who you focus on....
by weezie13 on June 09, 2006 04:41 AM
Tammy,
I am veryyyyyy jealous of that tomato plant..
Not only you're goning to be eating that soon..
*and alot sooner than mine*
but it looks sooooooooo healthy...
*no disease's or anything.*
[thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [flower] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [grin]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by afgreyparrot on June 09, 2006 04:42 AM
quote:
with one pepper on it that is almost as tall as the plant
I don't know about where you live, but peppers here are expensive right now! You better guard that one!

Nice pictures! [thumb]

I don't have any tomatoes this year... [tears]
Yours looks so healthy!

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by tkhooper on June 09, 2006 07:56 AM
Yes that is the hill I am slowly terracing. You can't see it know but the top level has one terrace below it where the avocado trees are planted. The next batch of compost is going up there and then next year I'm planning on having the sunflowers up there too.

I did start my seeds about a week earlier this year than I should have. But with the compost I worked into the soil last fall, the tomatoes are very happy. Once we got past the blue stem thing anyway. I used banana peels to help out with that. I came very close to also giving the plants my tomato juice and I like my tomato juice so you know I didn't want to give that up lol.

The pepper is well hidden so hopefully no one will find it. Unfortunately I planted many different kinds of bell peppers and then lost the stakes and I can't remember which one is planted where. So until they begin turning colors I'm not going to have a clue which is which lol. I don't think I planted any that are suppose to stay green.

How come no tomatoes Cindy?

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: