The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Finally I got my veggies in!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Wrennie on May 26, 2006 12:33 AM
Dont laugh all you zone 10, 9, 8, people! [Razz] Us cold Z5 people are just putting in seeds now! [Wink]
So I got in a bunch of tomatoes; brandeywine, oregon spring bush, san marzano, sun gold, supersweet 100 and some basil, parsley, and dill. Also moved my strawberries into the fenced in garden. The bean and zuccini seeds I had were very left over. I'll see in a week or two if I should go buy some plants instead! [dunno]
My friend in TX has been eating produce from her garden for weeks. She cant fathom that I'm just able to put things in the ground now.
We're supposed to have a very warm memorial day weekend so I'm hoping that will give everything a good get go.
Yay, finally! I cant wait for fresh from the garden dinners!

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by johnCT on May 26, 2006 02:35 AM
Good for you! I'd be interested in your opinions on comparing Sungold to the Sweet 100 cherries. Let us know. [thumb]

John - Zone 6
by chenno on May 26, 2006 02:45 AM
Wrennie

I hear ya!! I won't finish completly till this weekend.we just had frost last week.yikes.
but, 85 this weekend they say,woo hoo
Garden here I come..
I also cannot wait for garden dinners:-)
Have a good day
Angie

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by weezie13 on May 26, 2006 03:04 AM
I don't!!!

Well, some are, some are still waiting..
This weather we've been having is soooooo cold here..
We had a frost warning about 6 days ago...
I do have some cuke's out, *with juice jug protextion* and radishes, chives, lettuce/romaine,
peas and pumpkins, water melons and cantaloupes, *they are also under juice jugs*
(but the slugs are having a field day with these wet and cool days).
Corn is going to be seeded today, and I just have to wait a bit more, *cause we're getting another cold front today and tomorrow and they said we should be out of the woods after that.*

Then I'll put in my tomatoes, peppers, assorted squashes, the rest after that...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Danno on May 26, 2006 12:42 PM
[Smile] I JUST got mine in tonight! Supposed to be 80's this whole weekend WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Check me out! My wife has to go change my diapers now that i got all this done! [wavey]

-
by Deborah L. on May 26, 2006 01:54 PM
I'm not laffin', Wrennie !
Your garden will be great ! [thumb]

-
 -
by Greenthumb newbee on May 28, 2006 06:21 PM
Wrennie, Don`t feel bad I`m 1 1/2 states under you and I`m just getting it all done this weekend. We also had that touch of frost a few weeks ago as well. On thing you`ve got over most of us is this. Cold weather crops I`d bet grow GREAT out there like lettuce,cabbage,brussle sprouts and Brocculi among other things.
by elkwc36 on May 29, 2006 01:57 AM
Wrennie I'm just finishing mine here in KS. I usually put in my last on Memorial day weekend. Usually have a great late crop that way. Best of luck. Jay

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: