The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Avocado Plant Problem

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Casey on April 17, 2005 03:30 PM
I have about a 3-1/2 to 4-foot avocado started from a seed. It sits outside and was doing very well until recently. (I live in South Florida by the way).

It is still sprouting new leaves at the top, but almost as soon as the leaves get of any size, the begin turning yellow from the middle out, and then the yellow areas begin turning a dark brown.

I am a novice plant grower and I don't know if this is some kind of pest, a fungus or an environment problem. I water it well when the soil is dry and it full sunlight probably about half the day.

If someone can help me figure out what's wrong and what I can do to fix it, I sure would appreciate it.
by Longy on April 22, 2005 01:06 PM
http://www.plantphys.net/article.php?ch=t&id=289

here's a link to some photos showing plants with deficiencies Casey. Have a look and see if any of the photos are similar to the symptoms you describe. In particular note potassium deficiency, iron and nitrogen. It may be worth checking the Ph of you soil too. 6-7 is good.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: