The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bristol BEAUTY Weigela

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Bringing plants idoors for the winter| Next thread: Broccoli »
Back to Thread index
by Already Fuzzy on April 27, 2005 05:51 PM
So I am at Costco last week and they had some 5 gallon bushes for $11.99. Most of what they had was marginal quality or not something I want in my yard.

They did have a very nice looking Weigela and I have had previous luck with Weigela at a previous home in our area so I fugured why not.

Now I get home and and searching on theis specific Weigela and I find nothing on Bristol Beauty. There is a Bristol SNOWFLAKE Weigela and a Bristol RUBY Weigela.

MIne has a similar look to both of these but has a pink flower. I am assuming that my bush with have simialr growth habbit, size and so on as both of the Bristol's I found. So About 6' x 6', slow to moderate grower in my zone and my soil should be fine.

I am in Zone 5 and am going to plant this full sun but I am trying to decide how much protection from wind I should give this. I my previous home my Weigela was in a protected area and was still a slow grower.

Any thoughts on Weigela in general the Brital Beauty Weigela or on where I should plant this?
by Already Fuzzy on May 04, 2005 05:22 PM
Well looks like nobody else has heard of this one either. I have decided to assume it will be similar to the other Brisol Weigela's and get it planted.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bringing plants idoors for the winter| Next thread: Broccoli »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: