The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Weed control sheeting

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by JerseyHeidi on April 27, 2006 07:30 AM
I bought a big roll of the weed control sheeting that lets air and water through for the garden this year. How do you use it? Only on pathways, or can you put it everywhere and just poke holes where you plant seeds?
by Longy on April 27, 2006 07:49 AM
If used in a garden it will cause problems later as weeds will grow on top of it anyway. The roots grow thru it and it can be a difficult thing to remove.
I guess you could use it on pathways. Personally i think it's a waste of time and money. I've never heard of any long term benefits or anyone who is happy with the stuff after a few years.

-
The secret is the soil.
by peppereater on April 28, 2006 03:58 AM
Some kinds are better than others. It works best when you have borders at the edges. It's worth trying...I may try it in my garden this year, haven't decided. It can be very effective around shrubs and such, but only if all the grass/weeds have been removed first. And applying mulch over the top is crucial...rocks, cedar mulch, pine needles, that kind of thing, nothing that will provide nutrients for weeds.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: