The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Birds....

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
« Prev thread: Bird-of-Paradise| Next thread: Birds »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on February 16, 2004 02:46 PM
Northern Flicker
 -

Black Headed Grosbeak  -

Turkey Vultures  -

[kitty]

- 1&2 are Cedar Hill birds!
by weezie13 on February 16, 2004 05:40 PM
That's what I got!!!!
You have those out there too!!!!!

Aren't they ugly??

But the first year I saw them, when I walked out the back door and there were about 30 something or other, circling, and circling, I was actually quiet frightened in the very first reaction, I was ready to call the police because, I honestly thought there was a dead body somewheres because they were circling like you see BUZZARDS do in the movies... you know what I mean???
When I finally realized what they were, I was a bit relieved, *(until I saw the first close up pictures of them, I got the heebie~geebies again!)
but they are absolutely magestic to watch them circle at very low altitude's, sometimes it's as if you could reach up and touch them and I am not exaggerating. They nested in my mom's very tall pinetrees the last two years, and no mice problems since then, GREAT! (or squirrels', etc.)
And when they would land in the tree tops, they'd spread their wings, like the one sitting on top of the pole there, spread wide out, and the tree would bend a bit, from their weight, and the little new one's sometimes would have to take a few tries at it, with out sliding back out of the trees...we'd sit and watch them, and we'd watch the new babies, learning how to fly, and I'd tell the wee~one, they were learning how to walk sort of and he'd laugh and turn his head, like he understood but not quite.....
WE HAD ALOT OF FUN WITH THEM, AND HOPE THEY AGAIN RETURN THIS YEAR!!!

Weezie
P.S. We have the Red Breasted Grossbeaks' here.
So pretty...
The one there is a pretty color, never seen one of those!!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Bill on February 16, 2004 06:04 PM
The one on the pole is the male. I sat and watched him strut and court and try to impress her for the longest time. All of a sudden, they both disappeared into the tall grass so I figured it was time to mosey along my way....
The are definately uggggggly! [perplexed]
by loz on February 16, 2004 09:16 PM
OOOO, we have turkey vultures around here too....they are so big and ugly....lol I love most birdies though, but not them.....Reminds me, I'd better go fill up the birdfeeders.....

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bird-of-Paradise| Next thread: Birds »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: