The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

woohoo Horseradish

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: woohoo a new sifter| Next thread: Woohoo Lettuce »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on April 22, 2006 02:55 AM
I just got my horseradish from Lorena and I went right out and planted it. This is so exciting. I've been wanting some for quite a while and now I have some. Hope it likes the soil around here.

-
 -
by 'Sparagus on April 24, 2006 01:18 AM
Cool! I would like to plant some one day. I love to grow things that people tell me Ill regret because it spreads too much or will be impossible to get rid of. How are those bad things?? [Big Grin]

[flower] Karen
by SpringFever on April 24, 2006 08:24 AM
Is there a difference between wasabi and horseradish? [dunno]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by tkhooper on April 24, 2006 10:06 AM
Well they haven't sprouted yet but I hope they are wrong about them being that invasive because I haven't that much garden to begin with I wouldn't want it overrun.

Spring I don't know the difference between wasabi and horseradish. I don't think I've ever run into wasabi.

-
 -
by SpringFever on April 24, 2006 10:58 AM
Just curious ... i had some wasabi today and it tasted like horseradish [dunno]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by 'Sparagus on April 24, 2006 01:46 PM
I think the wasabi we see commonly with sushi is a horseradish based condiment. But Ive heard that the "REAL" wasabi in Japan is made from some kind of sea vegetable.....or fruit.....ok, dont quote me on that [Frown]

Thank goodness for google! It's a rihozome! Neat.

http://www.freshwasabi.com/

TK: Yes Im pretty sure it's invasive, more in the way that the root grows really really long and will keep coming up even if you try to dig it out. It's one of those things they suggest planting in a sunken barrel or bucket and giving it it's own special area. But again, not a bad thing if you love horseradish! [clappy]

Karen [flower]
by tkhooper on April 26, 2006 02:06 AM
so true. I look forward to grading a fresh one and seeing if it is any easier than the store bought ones. That was one tough cookie to grade. I'm thinking I might want to dig them up and put them in a container. I have several large containers that I've found.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: woohoo a new sifter| Next thread: Woohoo Lettuce »
Back to Thread index