The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

my cantelope plants are dying

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: My Calla Lillies have gone green| Next thread: my christmas cactus »
Back to Thread index
by LoriAnn13 on April 08, 2006 09:55 AM
I need help [Eek!] I started 6 cantelope plants from seeds and they came up so beautifully until they got to be about 4 inches tall. Yesterday I came home from work and looked in the pot to find that I only had 2 plants that had not wilted and died. I have them on a heated back porch where the temp stays about 75-80. I made sure they were watered but not too much and that the water was draining out of the bottom of the planter. These plants are very special they came from seeds dried by my nephew. Please help me before I lose my last 2 plants. I cannot plant outside yet I live in PA and cannot plant until may.
Thank You [angel]

Be who you are not who someone else wants you to be.
by comfrey on April 08, 2006 10:44 AM
If I had to guess, I would say too much water...If water is running out of the bottom of the pot, then that is too much. Also was your seedlings recieving light...from the window or other light source? Do you have them domed or covered???

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My Calla Lillies have gone green| Next thread: my christmas cactus »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: