The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

st augustine mixed with bermuda grass

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: St. Augustine Grass| Next thread: Stag Horn Fern »
Back to Thread index
by deb789 on May 30, 2004 06:41 PM
I have St augustine grass mixed with bermuda grass. Some of my grass is lush green, and some parts i have this bare spots of brown grass. I have some weeds on these bares spots that are brown grass. What do i add on these bare spots to make my lawn green.  -
by Texasyard on June 02, 2004 10:11 PM
Have you recently fertilized?
If so then the brown spots are probably dead crab grass, keep watering every few days and the st augustine will cover. You could plant additional bermuda seed, wait a few weeks after fertilizing and both will grow. The bermuda makes excellent cover until the st augustine runners takes over

Man its HOT here
Texasyard
by davidtx on June 03, 2004 04:37 PM
[wayey] Hi Deb, I use Scotts weed & feed for St.augustine, also use Mircle Grow seems to keep it greener, Good Luck !! [flower]
by Thea on June 24, 2004 01:32 AM
We have the same problem with Brown spots. We live in Philly (PA) and last year laid sod and it was beautiful all summer. This year my husband put down Scotts Fertilizer and Weed Killer down (late March/early April) and we have big brown spots all over the lawn (looks like giant ringworms). We have had a very rainy Spring so we didn't need to water that much. Do you think this is a fungus? [dunno]

Thea
by NickN on July 13, 2004 02:56 PM
Deb,
You're in luck.Bermuda and St Augustine both love sand.Simply throw some sand in the bare spots and the grass will run there.

Thea,
Yes,it sounds like ring spot,a fungus.Apply a fungicide and be sure to fertilize later,in order to promote a healty root system.
by NickN on July 13, 2004 02:57 PM

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: St. Augustine Grass| Next thread: Stag Horn Fern »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: