The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Planting Garlic Seeds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Planting gardenias| Next thread: Planting glads »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on June 04, 2005 02:27 PM
Ok, I've found out that they like to be planted in the fall, in full sun, 6.2 to 6.8 pH, crumbly soil with a fair amount of compost added. But I can't find a planting depth for the seeds. Cloves yes but seeds no. Do they need sun to germinate or do they need a thin layer of soil over them?

Any help would be appreciated.

I also didn't know that it takes two years for the seeds to grow into bulbs but that ok. I can plant half this year and half next year and have a continuous crop. Wouldn't that be great?
by afgreyparrot on June 04, 2005 04:18 PM
hooper...
I'll send you some cloves in a few weeks when they are bigger!

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by tkhooper on June 04, 2005 04:27 PM
NOOOOOOO Cindy you are to take it easy! I'll tell Lola on you if you don't. This is great just the way it is. I couldn't have dreamed of better. You are to sit back and enjoy looking at your garden and doing anthing else that doesn't require any labor. Promise?
by afgreyparrot on June 04, 2005 04:45 PM
Believe me, I couldn't do anything out there even if I wanted to. [tears]

That garlic is just growing by it's own bad self.
When it gets bigger I'll have Rachel pull some up for you.

Cindy Jo

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by tkhooper on June 04, 2005 05:13 PM
There are probably things you need Rachael to do that are far more important. You just be your loving self and post when you can. I want you back 150%. And since I can't come baby you to death this is the next best thing.

Love you and thankyou for the garlic. I'm going to enjoy growing it and adding it to all my favorite recipes and thinking of you every time.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Planting gardenias| Next thread: Planting glads »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: