The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Looking for recipies I've lost over the years

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by tkhooper on March 17, 2005 07:20 PM
I used to have the great recipies box of index cards but due to moving way to often they have gotten lost.

But they had three recipies that I would really like to have.

One was called Hunter Steak (I have since learned that "Hunter" means it's in a tomato sauce which this was but not the kind I normally think of when I am thinking tomato sauce) The recipe called for the steaks to be precooked and the sauce to be added at the table and it required fresh tomatoes, vineager ....[that's all i remember} [Eek!]

The second was a green salad with carmalize almonds (blanched) and Mandrin Oranges. The dressing was a vinegar base and I remember tarragon being one of the ingredients in the dressing. The dressing was cooked using the carmalized almond pan drippings?

The third was a meatball recipe for sweet and sour meatballs. The only thing I remember about this recipe was that the meatballs were wonderful even COLD!!!!!!! Oh and they called for two different kinds of meat I think.

If anyone has these please please please share.

By the way I make a mean seafood parfait:

1 tub Whipped cream cheese
2 small cans shrimp
1 bottle seafood cocktail sauce
1 package crushed walnuts
1 tablespoon old bay seafood seasoning

parfait glasses

Add old bay and juice from shrimp to the whipped cream cheese fold in. Put in pastry tube for ease of handling. Then layer the parfait glasses. cream cheese, shrimp, coctail sauce walnuts and finish with a swirl of the cream cheese. And when I want to get fancy I add a jumbo shrimp to the side of the parfait glass and a sprig of parsley then sprinkle alittle old bay seasoning on top.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that Rich makes the best frozen dinner rolls I have had in a long time, but defrosting and rising is a hair raiser.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: