The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Anyone ID this please?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by jgeoff on August 18, 2005 09:53 AM
I purchased a pack of Tabasco seeds, and this ended up in there. I have no idea what it is, can someone please ID it for me? (Here is a close-up )

It's my first year growing hot peppers, but I don't think any variety has a flower cluster like that, right?

Thanks!

JG

First Year Pepper Grower : Habanero, Red Chile, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Hot Banana, Hot Cherry, Tabasco, Thai, Giant Serrano, Peter, NM Big Jim, Arbol
by ChristinaC on August 18, 2005 10:07 AM
I think you may tobacco. Look it up on the net. Plant looks the same to me.
Christina

-
 -
by Triss on August 18, 2005 10:13 AM
Yep, looks like it to me. The flowers will spread out a bit as they grow. You sure have an impressive list of peppers growing. How are they all doing?

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by jgeoff on August 18, 2005 10:37 AM
A couple people on another forum think it's pokeweed. [tears] If it is, I'm so glad to have ordered Tabasco pepper seeds to get a poisoneous plant instead! No wonder it's the best-looking plant I have going, after all that nice organic fertilizer I've been feeding it! [Big Grin]

Do y'all concur with pokeweed, or could it still be something else?

First Year Pepper Grower : Habanero, Red Chile, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Hot Banana, Hot Cherry, Tabasco, Thai, Giant Serrano, Peter, NM Big Jim, Arbol

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: