The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Two Hummers and a Rose

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
by Bill on January 13, 2004 02:17 PM
 -

-

-

[grin]

- These are Cedar Hill birds and flowers!

-
by Jillie on January 13, 2004 04:26 PM
Hummers! [thumb] [thumb]
They're wonderful!!!!!

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on January 13, 2004 04:34 PM
awesome pics... [thumb]
by weezie13 on January 13, 2004 05:02 PM
Those birds are soooooooooo cute!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by plants 'n pots on January 13, 2004 05:05 PM
Some of my favorite beings!!! Can't wait til they return - they are such creatures of habit - they always show up within 3 days of previous years!

great pictures Bill!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by barleychown on January 13, 2004 05:42 PM
Hey Bill...are your hummers awake right now? I swear I saw one of mine yesterday... [dunno]

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by Bill on January 13, 2004 05:55 PM
My Hummers usually don't show until late March....
Last year I started out with my 3 resident Hummers, by mid Summer there were twelve.... By the end of the Summer I had the twelve plus twelve babies. It sounded like a Star Wars episode in the garden! I'm really looking forward to seeing what the population will be this year!!! [grin]

-
by loz on January 13, 2004 06:05 PM
Bill, they are such great pictures!!!! I had a few fly by my head last year while I was out in the garden....at first I didn't know if it was a really large bug or a hummingbird.....they move so darn fast......I'm getting a feeder soon, I want to make sure all the birds get fed...
by njoynit on January 15, 2004 05:37 PM
I had flocks of them in yard at night and sometimes durringthe day.I have a mass planting of 4 pms fushias/pinks/whites& yellows the fushias& a few yellows are 143 ft down along a fence bordering my neighbors property& a clump of maybe 12 plants of yellows under my apple tree& some pinks along a short section maybe 30 ft at one corner where they go down side fenceline.some white ones in front yard area& some pinks and 2 yellows at gate entrance.yard smells so YUMMY at night and if you hold your breathe you can hear them flying and can see some of the plants waveing as they flutter.
ding butterfly/hummer section this year.i can't wait.plus have spread 4 pm seeds to other end of yard so will have a very strong smelling yard this year& sowed some and moved some tubers to across road in woods so can see color across road.
nice pics...usually see them fluttering

May you always hear the flutter of wings................

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^saying will go painted on a shovel I broke gardening...1st shovel I broke.so am treasureing it& recycleing too.will paint in red letters

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by catlover on January 16, 2004 06:21 AM
ohhh I just love red roses!

Boy you got some good close up shots! Feed those hummingbirds year round here!

Think I already told you this but I was out front watering the jasmine by hand and a hummer landed on a branch right where I was sprinkling....he stayed there for the longest time cleaning himself then flew away....finally after flooding that spot [Big Grin] I moved it to another area and he came back and did the same thing! Yep flooded another area [Roll Eyes] ....water is expensive here but that was soooo worth it!

Great pix Bill! [thumb]

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum