The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

bird of paradise leaves curling!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Bird of Paradise Leaves| Next thread: bird of paradise problem »
Back to Thread index
by mindymarie on July 25, 2003 12:16 PM
This poor plant looks like someone took a curling iron to it!
I first thought that there wasn't a good water supply so I waterd, still it curled.
the sun may be a problem but it has 5 hours of direct and the rest of the day is inderect.
Help me please!

mr
by RHSeabrook on January 26, 2004 04:12 AM
I see you've had little success either. I live in the south, My plant did the same thing, then I brought it in and ALL the green foliage withered and died. I think it may be dead. Hope this forum will assist us. Good Luck!
by catlover on January 26, 2004 05:09 AM
I know you've heard this before...but I am sorry I can't help you....But wanted to say hi to both of you and welcome to The Garden Helper!!! [wayey]

The only experience I have had with B.O.P are growing them outside at my parents house in Calif. They were approx. 30 years old and planted in full sun most of the day!!! I know they require a lot of light!

We will keep taking these 2 posts to the top and see if someone can answer them. [thumb]

-
 -
 -
by Buglady on January 27, 2004 11:18 PM
Are you still having the problem? Is the plant indoor or outdoors? What kind of fertilizer are you using? In pot or in ground? I have worked with a lot of growers of this crop and want to see if I can help.

-
 -
The Buglady
Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, www.bugladyconsulting.com
Educating the world... one bug at a time

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bird of Paradise Leaves| Next thread: bird of paradise problem »
Back to Thread index