The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

container gardening

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by LMT on June 21, 2005 08:10 AM
In doing research on peppers I found multiple sites that suggested they were perennials that are usually grown as annuals. It got me thinking. If I can grow peppers in containers and winter them indoors for a couple years before I set them outside for their final season, I bet I could get really big and productive transplants. Capacity would be a limiting factor. I can probably carry 16 8" pots with plants up to 4' tall at the maximum.

What I'm looking for is stories from experienced container gardeners. If you've wintered plants that were transplanted into soil the following Spring, that would be a bonus.

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.
by duckie on June 21, 2005 09:49 AM
[wayey] hi LMT ,nice to meet you.

Yes indeed,peppers are perennials. And you can grow them quite well in containers.
Just bring them indoors before first frost.Give them as much light as possible,water as needed.

Then in Spring,wait 'til night time temps are at least 50 .Introduce full sunlight slowly(harden them off) as you would any new plant.

I wish I had the space,I'd keep my peppers every year.

[Wink] duckie

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: