The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

roma tomatoes falling over

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Roma tomatoes| Next thread: Romaine Lettuce »
Back to Thread index
by ChristinaC on May 08, 2005 03:07 PM
Hi Everyone! [wayey]
I just got up and turned my fluorescent lights on for all my plants. I noticed that a couple of my roma's are wanting to droop over. I'm certain they are getting an adequate amount of light. My light fixtures sit only a few inches above my tomatoes. My roma's are almost 2 feet tall. Could it be time to steak them already? I don't want to think that it's because they're too leggy, I really don't think they are. I've never grown roma's before so any advise will help me out!! Thank you sooo much!
Christina

-
 -
by tkhooper on May 08, 2005 03:26 PM
two feet tall that's great. I would go ahead and stake them. They are twice as tall as mine are.
by Longy on May 08, 2005 11:15 PM
You really should stick the stakes in before you plant so you don't damage the roots when you drive the stake into the ground. Be careful. An alternative to prevent root damage is a round wire mesh frame
by tkhooper on May 09, 2005 01:44 AM
Thanks Longy does that mean those wire hangers I get from the dry cleaners really will have a purpose in life besides hanging in my closet taking up space?

[thinker]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Roma tomatoes| Next thread: Romaine Lettuce »
Back to Thread index