The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

bloom pictures, some stuff didn't die:)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Bloom Failure with Red Hot Poker| Next thread: bloomin' sage »
Back to Thread index
by eClaire on July 19, 2006 01:33 PM
Some of you read my previous post about the massive rainstorms wiping out many of my plants, but some survived:) Thought I'd post some pics....enjoy! [clappy] [clappy]

-

-

-

Claire
by plants 'n pots on July 19, 2006 01:52 PM
ooooooooooh - very nice pictures of very pretty flowers, Claire!  -

I wish my cannas looked as full as yours -
the Japanese Beetles are doing a job on them this year!  -

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by TulsaRose on July 19, 2006 11:12 PM
Pretty pix, Claire. Sure glad some of your plants survived. I have that same Canna and love it although mine aren't blooming yet.

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by eClaire on July 21, 2006 04:54 PM
Thanks! My cannas thrived in the heavy rains, so they brighten up my yard for now [Smile]

Claire
by cinta on July 23, 2006 04:42 AM
Beautiful. I love Cannas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by davidk07 on July 25, 2006 01:46 AM
Beautiful Canna pic Claire! I only have red and their not blooming yet. Did your Peacock Orchids survive your floods?

http://www.firstgiving.com/runningforDaniel

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." KJV Luke 12:27
by eClaire on July 25, 2006 02:58 AM
David ~ thanks for asking, my "exotica" bulbs did survive, they have been in the green stage for a few weeks now with no flowers. I hope they eventually do something [Smile]

Claire
by davidk07 on July 25, 2006 03:59 AM
Mine too,they are about 1' tall now with no flowers either. Being that I've never seen them in bloom, I dont know when they will. I had to ask as I found this web site based on a search for "exotica bulbs" and found your post.

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." KJV Luke 12:27
by eClaire on July 25, 2006 04:12 AM
Did you get your from Direct Gardening? Thats where mine came from. I have not had good luck with their stuff, and they don't provide very good directions for care!
Anyways, let me know when you see blooms!

Claire
by davidk07 on July 25, 2006 06:05 AM
Yes I did get mine from DG and had no idea either on how to plant them, thats why I went in search of and found your post. I have not had much luck with their stuff either, but I found out after I had placed 2 different orders from them that this type of gardening is too hard for a newbie like myself, getting plants that wont grow. I had 2 sets of exotica bulbs, 1 that I planted and the other I was holding on to if the bulbs grew like their plants do [Smile] They seem to be holding their own, being I potted them in straight Miracle Grow soil. I was going to offer you my other ones if yours didn't make it. They seem to be quite hardy if I haven't killed them yet! I guess I'll hold on to them unless one of us needs them before the other. I'll let you know when mine blooms and post pics when I learn how. Keep me posted if yours bloom 1st.

David

by davidk07 on November 13, 2006 08:55 PM
I don't believe it, but my Exotica' are just now starting to bloom! They seem to take forever. I'll try to post a pic if I can figure out how.

by Rosepetal on November 14, 2006 02:54 AM
Claire, I love those pictures and find it so hard to believe that you're still talking "flowers". Where I live it's cold and bare now.

Thanks for adding your pictures, love to see them.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by eClaire on November 15, 2006 05:50 AM
David - mine bloomed too...they are actually beautiful! They last for a long time as cut flowers as well.

And thanks Rosepetal - that post was from a while ago, but those plants are still blooming [Smile]

Claire

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bloom Failure with Red Hot Poker| Next thread: bloomin' sage »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: