The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Can I transplant from Peat Pot to Coffee Can???

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by ms8miranda on April 23, 2005 11:30 PM
I need to transplant my vegetables and flowers that I started indoors in peat pots to a bigger pot now. I'm wondering if it's OK to put holes in the bottom of coffee cans and use them as pots until I can plant them outside in 3-5 weeks? Does the metal hurt them in any way?
by MissJamie on April 24, 2005 04:52 AM
hi! I don't see how it would hurt them if they are going to be inside just as long as they do have holes in the bottom. but if I were you I'd try to have something better than metal to plant them in when they go outside. My grandpa and his wife are growing tomatos in their basement in cans that corn and stuff come in lol! so I don't see how that would be a problem...good luck!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by ChristinaC on April 24, 2005 05:11 AM
Hi ms8miranda
I don't know of anyone who transplants to cans, but I haven't heard of it being a problem either, so I really can't answer your question but I just transplanted mine into plastic beer cups. They're cheap and work great. Ofcourse, don't forget to poke holes in the bottom. Good luck!
Christina

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: