The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My Mini Stripie Rose

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: My Mess!!!| Next thread: my miniture citrus tree is covered..... »
Back to Thread index
by dodge on July 07, 2006 02:36 AM
My Mini Stripie Rose survived the winter in zone 5 or 6.........Horray..
[tongue]

Now can anyone tell me more of this plant?  -

Thanks for looking, I am glad to share my joys!

Dodge [Love]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by TulsaRose on July 07, 2006 04:16 AM
Oh, Dodge, that is a little beauty. I love minis and that's about the cutest one I've seen. [Smile]

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by Tonya on July 07, 2006 04:18 AM
Love the mini!! Very pretty! So glad it made it! I have nothing to help, but it looks great to me!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Rosepetal on July 07, 2006 09:49 AM
Dodge they are so pretty, so glad that yours made it.

I planted one too this year and I'm zone 3, so I'm hoping all will be ok as well.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by tkhooper on July 08, 2006 04:29 AM
I can tell you that the same thing applies to the miniature roses as apply to regular roses. Although I've noticed that I don't have nearly the bug problem with the miniatures. They should be planted about 1 foot from one another. althought the flowers will stay small the bush will get big. You can and should prune as needed to keep it looking good.

Miniature roses can be propogated by seed or cutting. But the process is long and work intensive.

What other information do you need Barb? I've been gathering info on these plants for awhile now. I love them. I got my second set of them last week. They are a lovely pink color and the question now is if they are going to survive being in a flood right after they were transplanted lol. The others are doing fine although they do have a bunch of yellow leaves after the flood.

-
 -
by tkhooper on July 08, 2006 04:30 AM
Oh btw, if you collect seeds off of yours this fall I'd love to trade. mini rose seeds for mini rose seeds or something else. My trade list will be up somewhere lol.

-
 -
by earthnut on July 08, 2006 11:06 AM
What a sweet plant!

-
 -
by dodge on July 09, 2006 02:03 PM
Thanks gang

Ok Tk ......mine is beginning to get tall sprouts, i will clip that.........It is a cutie and i dont want a biggie........
Have to figure out the seeds..

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My Mess!!!| Next thread: my miniture citrus tree is covered..... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: