The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

blueberries are coming

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Blueberries and birds| Next thread: Blueberries are here!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by Polka on March 20, 2005 05:10 PM
Gurney's have shipped my dwarf blueberry bushes. I plan on putting them in pots on my patio. I'm in zone 4. What should I do when they come? Can I put them outside already? Also what are your thoughts on Gurney's and which mail order catalog company do you think is the best?

Thanks, Polka
by weezie13 on March 20, 2005 05:22 PM
Polka,
Those schedules have always be~fuddled me too!!!

I just ordered some Gloriosa lilies and they are like zones 7~10 and they shipped them already, last week... I even questioned them about it..
*Not from where you ordered either, a different place*

But, If it was me, I'd pot up your blueberry bush and keep it in a place in your house....
For right now, ****Some one else with alot more experience than I, may come along and add some info to the mix here ****

but normally a blueberry bush would not even be uncovered from the snow now, let alone have leaves on it.....

Hard to say where to keep it....
Can you post back when you get it
and let us know what condition they are in?
Like in a dormant, bare root state????
Or if it came in a small little pot w/ dirt?
And if it looks like a dead stick with no leaves
or the opposite,
ready with leaves and growing????

That way I think we can help a wee bit better
what they look like...

If it's a stick, it probably could be kept in a cool place because it's dormant.
If it's got leaves and showing signs of life/growing, it might be better for a warmer spot.

And I wouldn't put it out side yet,
UNLESS THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY IN THE DIRECTIONS..??

Let us know!!!!

Weezie

P/S Did they guarentee them???
The place I ordered from did and does....
I've had one or two problems, but when I called they never said one word, just said, I'll put a
re~order in for you....Just wondering??? [dunno]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Polka on March 21, 2005 02:07 AM
They were shipped on the 17th, so I should get them the middle of next week. I will call again when the come in.

Thanks, Polka
by hisgal2 on March 21, 2005 04:39 PM
Polka, I've gotten plants from Gurneys before. ...not blueberries tho. Anyways, when they come, they should have planting instructions for each planting zone telling you what to do with them and stuff like that.

Oh~usually Gurneys has a guarentee. All of my plants that I got last year do...cause I'm watching for my lily of the vallies to come up and they haven't yet (all of my other older ones have come up), so I'm getting ready to call them and ask for a re-order. [Smile]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Blueberries and birds| Next thread: Blueberries are here!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: