The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

A Newbie

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: A new gallery!| Next thread: A nice little park in my house »
Back to Thread index
by HoneyWine on May 09, 2005 04:41 AM
I have been online searching and I have many books that I have read over and over. I understand the basics of grouping and cross pollenation(hope I spelled it right). I just can't find a simple picture or layout plan of a salad garden. Nothing big, just your basic salad veges. I really need something to guide me through the basics of which veges go where. Like I mention in my subject I am a newbie and I only have maybe 10 specific veges I plan to plant and can't plan this out. I see many books for sale however this is also a low budget project. If I just had a simple blueprint of a simple salad garden I would be tickled pink! By the way I am known as HoneyWine. Nice to meet you. Any help would be very useful. Thanks bunches in advance

HoneyWine
by JV on May 09, 2005 05:29 AM
[wayey] We;lcome Honey Wine. I can't help you just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Somebady will be by that can help you wiht the salad garden. [flower]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by tkhooper on May 09, 2005 05:53 AM
So you want to plant lettuce, tomato, green onions, radishes, like that right?

Well I'm not sure there is a "plan" exactly. You plant each veggie in it's own row. For the lettuce, green onion, radishes and like plants you plant some this week, some the next week and some the week after like that so it doesn't all come up at once. For the tomatoes and green peppers in your zone I would probably buy starter plants rather than seeds, because you would have needed to start them awhile back inside probably.

I may have totally misunderstood your question. In which case I apologize. Sometimes I don't understand very well.

If you go down to the search and put in companion planting you can learn alot about plants that help other plants by being planted close together.

Corn is different than most other crops as far as how you plant it. If you go down to fruits and veggie room you can find a string on that.

-
 -
by HoneyWine on May 09, 2005 04:11 PM
I found my answers on Yankee Gardener. It shows all the crop rotation and what should be planted with what group and in what bed. Thank you to all who replied. I knew some how that I found the right place for right answers. I found so many links here thanks! HoneyWine

HoneyWine

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: A new gallery!| Next thread: A nice little park in my house »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: