The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Jade Propagation

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Jade problems| Next thread: Jade Question »
Back to Thread index
by Thiarella on December 29, 2005 11:48 PM
When is the best time to propagate a jade plant? I live on the west coast of Florida about an hour north of Tampa. I have a jade that is getting top heavy and needs to be repotted, which I am going to do today. But I was wondering whether I coud take some cuttings from it and root them. Thanks in advance for the help!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cindy
by tkhooper on December 30, 2005 12:32 AM
Yes you definitely can take cuttings just about anytime. I usually let my jade drop leaves and I leave them were they are because I have plenty of space in the pot. A couple of them will root each time and then the pot gets fuller which is what I am working towards. I started with a little tiny cutting with 2 leaves and I am filling a 10 inch hanging pot with it. Mine for some reason just loves to hang over the edge rather than grow upright so I'm going with the flow lol.

-
 -
by margaret e. pell on December 30, 2005 04:16 AM
Yes, yes. Jades are good to propigate any time of the year from leaves or stems. I'm told plants from leaves will never get as large as plants from stem cuttings, but I'm not sure this is true. They root so easily in dampish soil, dryish soil, sometimes even the table behind the pot (where a leaf fell and I didn't notice it - then found a shrivveled leaf with roots) that there are always some to give to the school bake-and-anything-else sales!

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jade problems| Next thread: Jade Question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: