The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hyacinia Bean Vine

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Hush Puppies| Next thread: Hyacinth »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on December 25, 2005 09:12 PM
since this is a tropical can I grow it inside?

-
 -
by angelblossom on December 26, 2005 07:38 AM
Tk I had a few vines while I lived in KS. and I really miss them here in TX But I dont have the Extra room here as I did there..
The hyacina bean vine is hard to get started going indoors(For Me Anyway tho it can be done!) with most vines I started them outdoors on the same side of the house that would window them indoors, once they got to going good I brought them in. I know the Bean vine need several hours of direct sunlight staying constantly moist, during growing and blooming. and fertilize once a week with liquid fetilizer, and at least 9 hours of darkness, and 10 degrees cooler at night. during fall and winter let lightly dry out between watering, and fertilize once a month..

In KS I had a sunroom 3 sided glass facing south and open to east and west direct lights. I put on old chainlink fencing along windows floor to ceiling awful site (at first) once the vines got to going that room smelled sooo nice. I had bouganvilla , and Jasmine polyenthuim Both after second year I had to keep cuttin back cuz they just want to take over! the jasmines bloomed in winter and early spring while the bouganvilla took it from there I tried the moon flower vine it bloomed occacionally but not as often as I had hoped, even bloom boosters didn't encourage blooms for the moon Fl. But I Said all that just to say it can be done with the right light conditions, temp down at night etc.
with all my rambling I hope that encouraged you to try [dunno] blooming vines, roses and houseplants are my fav(s)!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by tkhooper on December 26, 2005 01:54 PM
Thankyou for the information angelblossom.

I don't have control of my heat so I can't do the temperature change so I guess I'll have to grow them outside. But thankyou for the information. You saved me from wasting the seeds.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hush Puppies| Next thread: Hyacinth »
Back to Thread index