The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

deifs

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: deifs| Next thread: Delphinium??? »
Back to Thread index
by funnyfarmresident on December 03, 2005 08:55 AM
greetings all

I have a problem with deifs,, they burn me terribly,, I wear gloves,, barrier cream,, and still get burned,,
any suggestions?
thanks
by weezie13 on December 03, 2005 09:24 AM
I give, what are "deifs"?
Deifbacia's *spelled wrong*

On my way out to snow blow, lot's of snow today.
but just wanted to ask what they were...

And a very big Welcome by the way...
We're glad you found us....

And join us down in Banter Hall,
lot's of [gabby] chatting [gabby] going [gabby] on [gabby] down [gabby] there [gabby] ...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by funnyfarmresident on December 03, 2005 09:50 AM
sorry- Dieffenbachia

and thanks for the welcome, I could spend days pouring over this site!
by weezie13 on December 03, 2005 12:00 PM
That's what I thought you meant,
I am not a house plant person,
so what I will do is move your
post into the HOUSE PLANT SECTION,
and I'm sure there'll be someone along
who can help you much better......

And pleassssssssse dooooo spend all the days and time you want with us.... it's a very nice Cyber Gardening Family Community here, and lot's to do,
especially during those long cold winters....
and all the season's actually....

And we really do have a number of Canadians' here,
and just jump in and join in on all the hoop~la going on...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by funnyfarmresident on December 03, 2005 06:12 PM
lol, initially I was going to post in houseplants, but decided this was more of a plants habits question than a care question. A newbie's mistake, or a blond moment,,lol

thanks Weesie
by funnyfarmresident on December 03, 2005 09:43 PM
I read in another secion about the known toxic effects of these pretty plants, and I hope there is help. The burns are very deep, very painful, and last entirely too long. The latest burn is in the corner of my eye so I am very frightened about this one. On my hands I use tea tree oil, (aloe makes them bleed for some strange reason) but I think this would b dangerous to apply in that area.
by tkhooper on December 04, 2005 12:32 AM
I think I see the problem. When working with the plants do not touch any other part of your body. Like rub your eyes. and when you pull the gloves off be very careful not to touch your skin with the other infected glove. Contamination of this type is very common.

Also it never hurts to rubber glove in a situation where you are very sensitive to a toxin.

Good luck with your houseplant.

-
 -
by funnyfarmresident on December 04, 2005 01:14 AM
I have even worn platex living gloves,, to expensive for the amount I use,, and even they dont stop it. I dont usually touch my eyes while working, but it might have been soil getting in my eyes. I cant avoid using these plants daily, its my job
by tkhooper on December 04, 2005 07:23 AM
I had intended to say double glove lol. I am such a feather brain sometimes. I bet that didn't make any sense at all sorry.

If you double glove and pull them off one set at a time right and then left and then right and left again it should stop any stray bit from getting on you.

You might try safety goggles to protect your eyes when your working. Sometimes it's just the sap under pressure that pops up and gets you.

I would also suggest long sleeves. I wear them most of the time until menopause lol. Good luck with your work.

-
 -
by funnyfarmresident on December 04, 2005 12:21 PM
who would think you would need safety glasses in a greenhouse,, lol,, have to get some of those really goofy looking ones,, lol,,,
its the first time getting it in my eye,, its mostly my left arm,, I wear long sleeves now,, but in the summer,, it gets a tad warm,,
a pharmacist suggested cow gloves, you know the ones up to my shoulder,, but its a cost thing,,
what a fashion plate I will b, safety goggles and glove up to my armpit,, lol,, have to get a pic of that one,,

thanks for the advice,, I soooo appreciate it
Kelly
by peppereater on December 05, 2005 01:46 AM
There us a product for poison ivy, Ivy Block or something? I'ts a cream or gel you rub on, supposed to prevent rash caused by various toxic plants. Worth a try.
by JV on December 05, 2005 02:54 AM
I use Ivearest at least I think that is the name works great when you set in poison Ivy,oak or sumac. I did learn to look finally. [Big Grin]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: deifs| Next thread: Delphinium??? »
Back to Thread index