The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

green beans

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Green Bean?? Is this possible?| Next thread: Green Beans »
Back to Thread index
by gardening grandma on August 01, 2004 07:44 AM
This is the first forum I've been in and hope I don't make to many mistakes. Am I the only person that has trouble with green bean getting ruined by what muat be a sucking insect? My beans get tiny holes like pin pricks that develope a white area around them. Every year it is the same. Any help would be appreciated. gardening grandma
by Phil and Laura on August 01, 2004 06:37 PM
Assuming that you do not plant in the same spot every year, I would say that your problem is Aphids. I have this link for you that was listed in my Naster Gardener's Reference book, click on this link: Idaho plant care
i am sure you will find regional info there! [thumb]
by gardening grandma on August 02, 2004 02:24 AM
Thanks Phil and Laura. The problem is, I can't find any aphids or bugs or beetles on the plants. This shows up on the bean itself. Maybe they climb up or it is a flying bug? I will go out and look early before I find it on the beans. At this time they are just flowering and starting. I could spray, I suppose...wonder if Safer's soap would work? gardening grandma
by gardening grandma on August 02, 2004 02:28 AM
Hi Phil and Laura. I forgot to thank you for the web site. I'll be sure to look it up. Thanks again. g.grandma

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Green Bean?? Is this possible?| Next thread: Green Beans »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: