The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Night Blooming Jasmine as house plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Night Blooming Cyrus| Next thread: Night blooming jasmine isn't »
Back to Thread index
by oldcrow61 on November 14, 2005 05:09 PM
Spring past I bought a 4" high night blooming jasmine and have been growing it as a house plant as I am in zone 5. It has gotten to be about 2 feet tall and did bloom a couple of months ago. I cut it back a little to get it to branch out, now some of the leaves are turning a pale yellow and dropping. Is this normal or do I have a problem?
by Cricket on November 14, 2005 05:21 PM
What kind of light is the jamine getting? What are your watering practices? Have you repotted it?

Cricket
by oldcrow61 on November 15, 2005 04:57 AM
Hi Cricket: It's in full sun and I keep it moist. I repotted it some time ago because the roots were winding around the bottom of the small pot it was in. It has only been this past couple of weeks that it has started to lose some leaves otherwise it appears quite healthy.
by Cricket on November 15, 2005 06:00 AM
Hi Oldcrow, Jasmines are picky about proper watering and will discolor leaves if too dry or too moist. Best to let the soil dry only 1/2" down before giving it a thorough watering. Or maybe less available light as we approach winter is causing some yellowing? During the summer mine occasionally got a few yellow leaves - usually from being over dry - which I just snipped off and considered as a reminder to be more careful about watering. However, with shorter days, I don't need to water as frequently as I did during the summer. If it is only a few leaves I wouldn't worry but keep an eye on it. Not as much help as I'd like to offer, but there are others here more experienced with jasmines that might be able to offer further assistance.

Cricket
by oldcrow61 on November 16, 2005 01:29 AM
Thanks, appreciate the advise.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Night Blooming Cyrus| Next thread: Night blooming jasmine isn't »
Back to Thread index