The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Im officially addicted!!!!!!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Mrs.Bradley on May 26, 2006 05:20 AM
I just got back from the store with 2 new roses.
Iceburg and snowfire......Im ready to finally admit that Im addicted,somebody help me [grin]

I kinda feel guilty now cause my husband says we have too many on our deck already.(including mini's we /I have 12 on an area thats probably 12 feet long and 5-6 feet wide. I wont plant in the ground cause we rent and I dont want to stress them if we move. [flower]
I think I need intervention. as soon as we get a good digital camera, I'll post photos. they are beautiful. [Cool] if only I could stop myself from buying...

-
 -
by Sir Ts Princess on May 26, 2006 05:24 AM
LOL!! There's a lot worse things that somebody could be addicted to than flowers. Oh, and don't feel bad, I'm a gardening addict myself and roses rate high on my list. I LOVE them. But, I like a lot of other plants too. And creating "unique" and interesting gardens is a joy to me. Best wishes on your new babies! Perhaps you could put some containers on the ground (or even create a bed) below your deck and put some roses there so that your deck itself is not so full. Just an idea.

-
by Mrs.Bradley on May 26, 2006 05:33 AM
thanks for the suggestion Sir T's Princess. thats a good idea,I just might try that.

-
 -
by weezie13 on May 26, 2006 09:15 AM
quote:
Im ready to finally admit that Im addicted,somebody help me

There is no help, sorry.. we can't help you..
We're just as bad [perplexed] if not more [nutz] than you already.... [lala] [nutz] [devil]

Just go with it, and don't fight it!!! [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by weezie13 on May 26, 2006 09:22 AM
You need to get some of these,
deck railing planters

planters for deck railings

another planter box for the railing

or bench planters for the deck/porch

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by weezie13 on May 26, 2006 09:27 AM
0r some water planters

Or planters with trellis's

Or some of these different kinds of planters for the porch

And you thought youuuuuuuuuuuu were addicted... [Wink] [Big Grin] [nutz] [lala] [gabby] [gabby] [gabby]

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by shanbear on May 26, 2006 10:52 AM
Hey!

I LOVE roses too- I think a lot of us can admit to that. I would suggest going with the idea of using a planting bed or container- it's probably your best bet. This way, you can easily transport them should you find another spot in your yard you'd like to place them, or should you move to another house.

....However.... [Smile] If you're totally for placing them on your deck... it's only two more! What's the harm, right? [Embarrassed] [thumb]
by Triss on May 26, 2006 11:00 AM
It is not an addiction, it is therapy [thumb]

Say that over and over and over. And tell hubby that you are a much happier woman with your therapy than you would be without it. Looking forward to pics!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Deborah L. on May 26, 2006 11:29 AM
Go get more roses, Mrs. Bradley ! We're all on your side ! [Big Grin]

-
 -
by comfrey on May 26, 2006 11:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Triss:
It is not an addiction, it is therapy [thumb]

Say that over and over and over. And tell hubby that you are a much happier woman with your therapy than you would be without it. Looking forward to pics!

I agree Triss it is not an addiction....And My DH knows its therapy for both of us....He has some [Big Grin] Alone time and I have some Alone time, I don't tell him he can't spend hours in the work shed or sitting under a shade tree with a beverage relaxing, so when I am taking care of my plants or on the PC its relaxing. [Big Grin]

Oh by the way Mrs Bradley.... [clappy] Welcome to the club!!!! [flower]

-
 -
by joclyn on May 26, 2006 12:16 PM
therapy, most definitely.

and the MORE the better!!!!! [Big Grin]
by Karrie on May 27, 2006 04:50 AM
I agree therapy. I cannot imagine the year my husband was in japan, what I would have done without my flowers and yard work to keep me content. I would have lost it.

I say go with it and heck your just beautifying the world. I plan to go back home to Indiana this weekend just to do the yard work at my old house there (its now a rental) I just know the renters don't have a clue as to what to do with all those flowers in the yard. And I want them taken care of.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by tkhooper on May 27, 2006 05:30 AM
I agree it's therapy. I think even my therapist would agree it's therapy lol. And what great results. I'm waiting for the next batch of roses to show up at the stores so I can get some different colors. I love love love the miniatures.

-
 -
by Mrs.Bradley on May 27, 2006 05:47 AM
I Love minis too. started earlier this year with indoors, now they are all outside,but I cant stop myself.

-
 -
by gomerp618 on May 28, 2006 08:28 AM
I agree it's therapy also. Hey, I know an eBay seller who has T-shirts that say 'I can't afford therapy, so deal with it'.. that could be your new gardening shirt and everytime hubby says something you can just point at the shirt!

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: