The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Gigantic Broccoli Plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Giant Fungus (toadstool?)| Next thread: Ginger »
Back to Thread index
by murphyette on July 09, 2004 02:33 PM
The plants are huge...but where's the broccoli??? I bet the plant stands about 24" high right now.
And something keeps knocking my little tomato buds off the vine...what's up with that???

Jody
by plantlady19 on July 09, 2004 06:45 PM
I'm not sure I can help with the broccoli. That is a new problem to me. The tomatoes, however, are a different story. Do you have any dogs that get into the garden? Do the kids go in there? (I know I was my mother's garden nemisis when I was a wee one.) Or how about the cats? Unless you have extremely gusty days, I'd look for a human/animal component for the buds dropping. Also, try touching one yourself. If it falls off after a gentle brush, then there might be a problem with the plant.

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.
by murphyette on July 11, 2004 03:33 AM
Well, it didn't fall off when I touched it, so I am thinking the cats are using them as batting practice.
[Mad]

Jody
by iowadahlia on July 16, 2004 10:53 PM
that happened to me too, with the brocolli and cauliflower. the deer ate then down to nothing almost, they grew back huge but only one cauliflower grew. i have heard of this elswhere on the net, no answer yet. we had lots of rain and very cool temps but i thought brocolli that humm. now i am very courious.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Giant Fungus (toadstool?)| Next thread: Ginger »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: