The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

wierd white stuff on my money tree?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Wierd animal potatoes| Next thread: wild blueberry bushes »
Back to Thread index
by Jay_may on November 07, 2005 05:39 PM
hi there, i was wondering if you could help me with a small problem with my money tree?..it seems to be developing patches of white web like material that clumps together at the join of a stem to another stem or trunk. It will eventually rot the connection and make it fall off the tree. It recently came indoors from out-doors where i saved it from my mother... it had spent a neglected winter outdoors in lots of rain and cold. please help, , its rather large and quite special to me.
by Erich on November 08, 2005 05:22 AM
It sounds like a simple infection. I had a similar problem with my money plant and I solved it with the following actions. You can try repotting it into a larger pot with sterile potting soil. Water with a mild fertilizer when the top of the soil feels dry. I would also give the leaves a bath with lukewarm water and mild soap. After that, lightly mist the plant daily with distilled water. It is likely that you might lose a few move leaf clumps, but it should probably improve within a couple weeks.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Wierd animal potatoes| Next thread: wild blueberry bushes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: