The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My "Punkipansy" Patch

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Meg on June 29, 2004 02:10 PM
Ok, so these pumpkins have taken over my front yard..lol. Some new photos with angles to attempt to capture most of it. I used to be able to get them all in one shot.. not anymore! [Big Grin]

And there's even a few baby pumpkins growing. [grin] Gosh, I hope they live. I already killed my hibiscus. [Eek!]

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by gardenmom32210 on June 29, 2004 02:32 PM
COOOOL Pics,Meg. Cant wait to see how big they get. Keep up the good work.

Karen [grin]
by Meg on June 29, 2004 05:09 PM
A question for those that grow these normally (Phil & Laura perhaps?).. when will those baby pumpkins change color from green? I know, that's probably a stupid question, but I was just wondering, when they'll get the orange colors to em. I mean, the pumpkin that the seeds came out of was orange...

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Phil and Laura on June 29, 2004 05:52 PM
OHHHHHHHHH...AHHHHHHHHH, Nice Pics Meg BUT a Hard question to answer! Again It's going to depend on the variety, the pumpkins I grow start out yellow, then turn to orange or a salmon color. As they reach maturity they will turn color, now the question still remains, what variety? Did You take that roadtrip to where Your daughter received the pumpkin? Probably would be a neat family outing, be LOTS of pumpkins a growin' Then there is another factor [teacher] Was this pumpkin a Hybrid Variety If so, it is hard to say what you May End Up with [dunno] Could have been a cross between two varieties and your pumpkins could come out like ONE of the parents, or both, or be completely different! Take the road trip, Get some growing tips, ask Him if the pumpkin she brought home was a hybrid, or open pollinated, open pollinated= good, he will or I will be able to tell you more if You can find out a lil background, BUT, I can say, You are doing a great job of caring for it! [thumb]

Oh and a side note*

Pumpkins are fully mature when they resist penetration with your thumbnail or when they will not scratch easily when you drag your fingernail across the outer surface.  -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: