The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rooting Clematis

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Gail Ann on April 02, 2005 07:50 PM
Vandals cut off my Clematis that has grown about 15' up the side of my home. Any chance that I can reroot it using rooting hormone and water?

Gail T
by tkhooper on April 02, 2005 07:57 PM
Oh Gail,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I knew something about the plant so I could help but I'm a beginner and have never grown them.

But my heart goes out to you. I hope it can be saved.

-
 -
by sam314 on April 02, 2005 08:07 PM
Is it one that dies back to the ground every year (doesn't sound like it, as it is 15' high) or does it sprout from old growth? If it is one that grows from old growth, it might still have a chance if it wasn't cut down to the ground. I would think that most clematis would also sprout from the ground level too.
Those are my thoughts. I suspect it will survive but might take some time to get back to it's 15' again. Hope it works out and stay optimistic!!! [flower]

God Bless,
Sam
Prov. 3:5-6
by blooms4fr on April 02, 2005 08:59 PM
You can find the answer to your question within this site by one of 2 ways. At the very top are various topics to click on, go how to guides and then clematis,next click on clematis cuttings. The second way is to click on the garden encyclopedia, then plants by common name. now click clematis, then clematis cuttings.

-
Julia
"dreams & wishes are the start of fantastic ideas, follow them through"
by Carly on April 02, 2005 10:39 PM
Isn't clematis the one that takes its water through its stems?

I'm not sure - I haven't had one in a while.

Sorry you had that happen - we have had a lot of vandalism around our lot too. Some people have small minds.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.

Active Garden Forum