The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need potato pancake recipe!!!!

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by hisgal2 on December 14, 2004 08:06 PM
Help!! A couple of weeks ago, someone posted something about potato pancakes and now I'm dying for them!!! I don't have the recipe and my mom can't find Nanny's recipe!! Does someone here have it!?!?!? [insert pleading graemlin here]

-
 -

-
by afgreyparrot on December 15, 2004 03:24 AM
Sorry...I don't have the recipe.

Just the graemlin!

-

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Jiffymouse on December 15, 2004 03:50 AM
no guarantees, i just got this one out of a newsletter i get called "annie's kitchen"

quote:
GERMAN POTATO PANCAKES
6 lg. potatoes, mashed
2 well-beaten eggs
1 1/2 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 sm. grated onion

Mix above ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls into 1/4 inch cooking oil. Turn to brown on both sides. This makes about 12 (3 inch) cakes. Good served with applesauce.
but, everything i have tried out of the newsletter has been good, so jenn, let me know on this one, ok?
by tkhooper on March 17, 2005 06:56 PM
Hi,

I love potato pancakes too. But I'm not much on recipes. What I do is take the left over instant potatoes from yesterday add an egg and alittle milk then enough flour to make it the same consistancy as pancake batter. A pinch of salt to help the egg along. Pepper preferrably white if you have it. And enough garlic to make it interesting. depending on the amount of batter. I've never added onion. But I have gone out and ordered potato pancakes and some do have onion in them.

Whisper this is a secret so don't tell ok? (I like to put sour cream between the layers rather than putting surup on them) [lala]

-
 -
by razen on March 20, 2005 12:26 AM
I take my leftover mashed potatoes,make a patty,dust them in flower. Then I put oil in frying pan & fry them.....you can add ground onions or shredded cheese too...Razen
by adirondack on March 20, 2005 03:20 AM
http://www.about.com
click on cooking , recipes...

-
Take time to enjoy life,especially the natural/simple things.
We only have one life to live,we weren't put here to stress out.
by mike57 on March 20, 2005 07:32 PM
HI [wayey] there here is a link for abought 5 or 6 diffrent ones.
http://search.allrecipes.com/recipe/quick.asp?q1=potato+pancakes&lnkid=65&x=9&y=9
hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by Sue Z on March 22, 2005 05:52 PM
Great potato pancake recipes, you guys. [thumb] Y U M M Y!!!!!! :-P

Love the cute lil' graemlin, Cindy. [muggs]

Sue Z
LOVES sour cream on the potato pancakes too. YUM! [wayey]

-
"WHEN IN DOUBT ... DON'T"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: