The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Urgent daylily question help please

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Upside-down Tomatoes| Next thread: Uses For Old Dead Pine »
Back to Thread index
by Karrie on May 12, 2006 05:33 AM
I got some in the mail today that she had said wouldnt be mailed untill next tuesday.....the area was to be prepaired this weekend......ITS not ready and cant be ready untill this weekend will they be ok in a bucket of water till saturday afternoon? Or do I need to drop it all and make them my #1 priority. If I work on that we are going to miss a baseball game and a karate tournament I paid 75 for the karate tournament.....I hate for them to miss it....hubby is in canada till friday night...Someone please tell me my flowers will be ok.... [dunno]

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by Wrennie on May 12, 2006 06:04 AM
Can you put them in a pot?
or a temporary bed? Maybe just mound soil on the roots & water. I'd e afraid of rot in just wate for too long.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Karrie on May 12, 2006 06:06 AM
I am going to shred some paper and put in with the water just enough water to keep the paper moist. and toss in some mulch.....and pray for the best. They are beautiful flowers I hate to lose them. I just got the email that the were going to be here earlier then anticipated......Id say so....

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by joclyn on May 12, 2006 06:08 AM
they should be okay for a couple of days.
by johnCT on May 12, 2006 06:21 AM
They'll be fine for a couple days as long as the roots don't completely dry out. I also got a daylily order on Tues that I won't be able to plant til this weekend. Just open the box and keep the roots moist with a spray bottle(that's what I do) or some wet newspaper. Don't put them in a bucket of water.

John - Zone 6
by patches1414 on May 12, 2006 05:44 PM
When I have plants I get in ground until later, I plant them in a pot of Pro-Mix or any potting mix until I can get them planted. [Wink] I really wouldn't suggest putting them a bucket of water. [Frown]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Upside-down Tomatoes| Next thread: Uses For Old Dead Pine »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: