The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Spotted Dumb Cane

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Spots on Zoysia| Next thread: spotted zucchini leaves »
Back to Thread index
by GardenGuy_Gardener on January 29, 2006 09:49 AM
I have a spotted dumb cane that is really beautiful. It is lush from the ground to the top. Anyway does anyone know actually how big they get? I have a book but it doesnt say size of the plant. Thanks! [grin]

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by Andi on January 29, 2006 10:26 AM
Hi Alex. A dieffenbachia or spotted dumbcane (silly name huh?) can grow as tall as 6 ft. They are beautiful. I see you also posted something about a Norfolk Island Pine. Mine grew to nearly 7 ft and I was forced to give it away. They like cooler temperatures so near a window or large pane where it receives bright light is perfect. Two great plants ... you're so lucky! The browning could be a need for more humidity. http://www.thegardenhelper.com/norfolk.html this article has some great stuff. Andi
by GardenGuy_Gardener on January 29, 2006 10:32 PM
Ok thanks Andi! Yea it is a really funny name. Ill just mist it now. Thanks for all the info! [Wink]

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by GardenGuy_Gardener on January 29, 2006 10:33 PM
I mean ill mist the Pine the dumb cane is doing really well.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spots on Zoysia| Next thread: spotted zucchini leaves »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: