The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cranberry Salsa

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by 4Ruddy on November 19, 2004 11:24 PM
Cranberry Salsa

3 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 purple onion
2 jalepeno' peppers
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup honey
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp orange zest
(clove of garlic optional)

Process all ingredients in food processor, pulsing 6-8 times or until coarsley chopped. Chill at least 8 hours.

Excellant on Turkey (or chicken) sandwiches and even better on tacos!

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by Merme on November 21, 2004 05:52 AM
Now that's a recipe that would make a GREAT gift! Thanks!!

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by 4Ruddy on November 21, 2004 07:31 AM
It is a great gift...I do baskets of dried herbs from my garden and put in a few jars of "different" things...like the cranberry salsa, pear butter, pepper jelly..etc. I just think that is what Christmas is all about...NOT shopping til you drop or drying up the funds! I know I love to get home made goodies.(and diamonds lol)

-
 -

by Merme on November 21, 2004 02:23 PM
I know what you mean, Vanessa. That's how my mom raised us to think of Christmas as well. Throughout my childhood the months before Christmas were a scurry of creative activities with the enthusiasm swelling on the completion of each project. It's a tradition I've tried to continue into my adulthood and pass on to my son, too.

Since I do not have a large family of my own, I have enjoyed Christmas best in the past when friends have been able to gather regularly to cook and do crafts together in preparation of the season.

I like the sound of your herb basket with jars of delicious things added. Clever! And I'm sure highly prized by all who receive them.

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by 4Ruddy on November 21, 2004 07:27 PM
That is what it is all about...I just love to do for other people! I have several really neat "themed" ideas fpr Christmas gifts...like a Southwest theme that is in a brown bag tied with a bandana and (called Southwestern Sacks) inside has a mix called Sundance Cornmeal mix and it makes a Country Christmas cornbread or you can make Confetti Fritters. They really aren't expensive to do. I try to make something like that up and have on hand so if we go to some ones house for Thanksgiving or through the holidays..I have a simpl, yet nice gift for the hostess.

-
 -

by shamrock316 on December 07, 2004 06:24 AM
Man, that sounds really good Vanessa. [grin] I will have to try that (and share it at work). We make pico-de gallo at work to go with our black beans and rice. I wonder what that would taste like with them? I bet it would be good with a turkey sandwich, or even on a salad..

Oh yeah, I bout lost it when I read your little signature thing... teenagers and eating their young. The first laugh I've had today. (and it's almost another day) [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Thanks,
Leslie

-
If you find yourself banging your head against a wall, then maybe you missed the door.
by 4Ruddy on December 07, 2004 07:04 AM
Thanks! I always like a good laugh also! (Cindy's are the best to read)
This salsa is wonderful on a Turkey sandwich but you will HAVE to try it on tacos! We wouldn't do it for a while but then got brave and now it is our FAVORITE way to have tacos! Really give um a kick!

-
 -

by shamrock316 on December 07, 2004 07:10 AM
(I was trying to highlight "cindy's are the best to read" -- i think that's what you said anyway -- but can't figure out how to do it) [Confused]

Anyway... you should be around her in real life!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

She is no different in person.

Leslie (her cousin)

-
If you find yourself banging your head against a wall, then maybe you missed the door.
by 4Ruddy on December 07, 2004 07:12 AM
REALLY??? I would LOVE to meet her she is such a hoot...or as my sis says "a hoot & 1/2" ....I am sure she keeps every one quite entertained!

-
 -

by shamrock316 on December 07, 2004 07:13 AM
I think I may have answered wrong... I was referring to her posts, not her "signatures" or whatever they're called. (about being the best to read) But they are HER to a T.

[Big Grin]

-
by shamrock316 on December 07, 2004 07:14 AM
That is an UNDERSTATEMENT! [Big Grin]

Les

-
by Merme on December 13, 2004 01:32 AM
Hi ~ [wayey]

I made this Salsa yesterday, thanks! One batch filled two pint-sized jars, so I made two batches to give as gifts. Everyone who got them was thrilled! And it looks so festive in the jars. What a swell idea you had; thanks for sharing it.

Merme

-
 -

by 4Ruddy on December 24, 2004 11:17 AM
Just got through making 6 darn batches of this stuff...every EXPECTS it for Christmas now! I am so glad you enjoyed it also! [flower]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: