The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Grow light for a house plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: grouping of vegetables| Next thread: GROW LIGHTS »
Back to Thread index
by Shelor on October 02, 2005 02:35 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum and need some help. I am glad to find that such a forum exists. Here is my question/problem.

We have a houseplant with the latin name of croton. Every year it begins to fall off and die in the winter. We live in NYC, NY. In summers we put it outside and it flourishes and looks wonderfully healthy. This year when we bring it in, before it gets too cold, we want to use a grow light inside to keep it from nearly dying.

In all the grow light stores and websites I go to, I don't see any lamp that looks like a lamp with a goose neck. This would be the ideal type for the space that we have. Can anyone direct me to such a lamp?

I am open to any suggestions for keeping our croton healthy and happy during the indoor, long winter season. Many thanks,
Shelor
by weezie13 on October 02, 2005 08:41 AM
Hello Shelor,
Just wanted to Welcome you and tell you we were
glad you found us!!!

Also, to let you know I was going to move your post into The HOUSE PLANT section..
I think you'll get a better response to
your question there...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by tkhooper on October 02, 2005 10:11 PM
I got a full spectrum light in a floor stand model with the goose neck from target online a couple of months ago. Hope that helps.
by Shelor on October 02, 2005 10:58 PM
Wow, just the answer I was looking for, thanks!

Shelor
by Sorathien on October 03, 2005 01:44 AM
you can use ANY light fixture, then just buy a grow light, they make grow lights that are shaped like a normal 60 wat bulb and will fit in any standard fixture, so you can choose whatever fixture you want.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: grouping of vegetables| Next thread: GROW LIGHTS »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: