The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

corn gluten meal

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Corn Dogs| Next thread: corn going to tassle! »
Back to Thread index
by mammabear on March 27, 2004 02:55 AM
I am searching for persons who have used corn gluten meal as a pre -emergence for vegetable gardens.. this is a development of the Iowa State University.

pat c
by weezie13 on March 27, 2004 04:25 AM
Hi Mammabear [wayey]
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!
We're glad you found us!!!

We have had a few discussions here on the
item you're looking for, and we've had a tough
time also finding anyone who's used it.....
If you do a FORUM SEARCH on that word, one or two posts should come up with our previous conversations on it.........................

My husband works in a feed delivery place and knows of it, but he says it's expensive and it's what the farmer's use on their crops in the fields.
What I"ve told anyone previous is to go to your local feed delivery places and talk with those people/owners/delivery guys/farmers............
They'd be your best bet for information........

If you do come up with some info on it, could you do us a favor and let us know what you've found, we would very interested and grateful if you did..

I'm also going to move your post, and just maybe, a new gardener that has just joined may know something about it, and more than likely find it in a better section....

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Phil and Laura on March 27, 2004 04:39 AM
MammaBear, I know a bunch of people, thousands maybe, and they are all in one place!YOU will find GLUTEN USERS. Go check this out, "BUT Ya'll come back now ya hear!!" Corn gluten
Type corn gluten in the SITE search box, not the amaz..thingy! oh , I was going to do this first...But
:  -
by duckie on March 29, 2004 12:31 AM
Hi,mammabear,
I am an organic gardener.I've been using cornmeal for 5 years with great success.Not only is it a good pre- emergent,it is a good fertlizer and anti-fungal.I use it on all my veggies.plants though not seeds.

Happy gardening [wayey]
Shari

-
 -
by weezie13 on March 29, 2004 01:51 AM
Oh Duckie,
Do tell us more!!
We are very interested!!!

We have been interested in that item for
quite sometime, Catlover and I have wanted to
use some.... (I've heard it's expensive??)
But we wanted to talk with someone before getting it.

How do you use it?
How much do you use?
How and where do you get it?
How much was it??

Oh, so many questions!!!
We are dyin' to know!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by duckie on March 29, 2004 05:59 AM
[Embarrassed] Hi,folks
I think I need to apologize.Looking back over my post I think I gave the wrong impression(sp}sorry.
I don't use corn gluton,I use corn meal,the cheapest I can find.In the years I've used it I can tell you I haven't had any blackspot on my roses.And no fungal problems on my veggies.In the spring I clean up my strawberry,asparagus,flower beds.Then I add a handful of cornmeal,mixed into the soil,around all my plants.And I have had almost no weed problems.And I don't use any other kind of fertilizer.
[Smile] Shari

-
 -
by duckie on March 29, 2004 06:17 AM
Me again.Just wanted to add that I have links and other forums you can go to if have more questions about corn gluton meal.Yes btw it is expensive,but you can get it at farm supply stores.
I'm new here,so I want to be respectful of our host.You can e mail me shrclltt@hotmail

[Smile] [Smile] Shari

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Corn Dogs| Next thread: corn going to tassle! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: