The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Green Onions

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Green Moss| Next thread: GREEN PEPPER & S. S. PEA UPDATE!! »
Back to Thread index
by Rick on February 15, 2004 07:22 AM
I used to have a variety of onions called Kujo Green Multistalk. They grew from seed like a standard green onion the first year, and could be divided each year, producing new plants for green onion use or left to produce seeds the second year. They were sold by Johnnys during the early or mid 80s. I didn't see them in the seed savers exchange catalog or directory. Anybody have these?
I do have quite a few varieties of old vegetable, herb, and flowers seeds that do well here in the northern part of Michigan. Haven't got to my seed inventory so I don't yet have a list.
Rick
by papito on February 15, 2004 04:28 PM
Hi Rick,

Info on Japanese Bunching Onion, Kujo

http://www.evergreenseeds.com/evergreenseeds/bunchingonion.html

-
 -

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
by Rick on February 15, 2004 11:54 PM
Thanks. Never heard of that company. Going to have to give their selection a good looking over.
Rick
by Tom Wolf on March 10, 2004 06:08 AM
you might want to try the old fashion tater onion i have been using off the same set of bulbs for almost 8 years pull what you need and leave the rest for seed [you can dig them each year and replant them in the spring but the older they are the bigger the cluster will get.

If it doesn't grow cut it down and start over
by Rick on March 10, 2004 08:46 AM
The ones you call "tater onions". Is that the multiplying onion that Jung seeds used to carry? It grew a little like garlic?
Rick

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Green Moss| Next thread: GREEN PEPPER & S. S. PEA UPDATE!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: