The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pathos Vine dying out need help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Path on a hill| Next thread: Patience... »
Back to Thread index
by MacD on December 08, 2004 04:14 AM
Hello,
My roommate recently brought home a pathos vine plant that his mom gave him. It is a very large plant with about a 30 ft long vine. We strung the vine around edges of the ceiling in a south facing room. The room is fairly well lit with one large south facing window. The plant looked okay but now some leaves are turning yellow and some undersides on the stems are turning black. Anyone have suggestions? I cant find any info on the web, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
by suzydaze on December 08, 2004 02:47 PM
could just be the shock from moving it, it sounds like it's a pretty good size plant.

and could be too warm for it next to the ceiling, you know because hot air rises.

Just guessing

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by Amy R. on December 08, 2004 06:40 PM
are you watering it too frequently?
by gardengal on December 08, 2004 11:59 PM
Hi there,
I have a couple of different pothos around the house and office, they are such easy going pretty plants. I'm going to second Suzydaze's idea that it could just be in shock. But here is a tip sheet you might want to check out... pothos tip sheet

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. [thumb]

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by njoynit on December 11, 2004 04:34 AM
I trim mine every winter..well summer augish.seems it gets too leggy for me.When moved mine indoors(of course not where I wanted it) it did get some yellowishness on backside and dropped a few.I have some of the cuttings off it from august(what didn't trade off)and those are on screened porch.one in a pot growing up bamboo piece and the other in hanging basket.I may not have shock issues cause of superthrive.its that B1 it does wonderes for plants.whenever I transplant or something looks shabby I water in a dose.My walmart use to carry superthrive.Now I have to shop it online.
as to the black.I've not known of pothos to do that.MIL would know better.Thats her #1 plant to have& grow.may set your water out overnight may have a higher chlorine content.

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by Bindesh on December 14, 2004 10:52 PM
trimming is a good suggestion.
by boxmonkey on December 20, 2004 06:34 AM
The pothos is native to the amazon region, if I remember correctly. It loves humidity and plenty of water, but it is a pretty versitile plant overall.

Custom Weathervanes - hand made

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Path on a hill| Next thread: Patience... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: