The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

peace rose

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Peace lily won't bloom| Next thread: Peach Apple Crisp »
Back to Thread index
by RosyRuthie on April 23, 2006 05:46 AM
I have a question... i planted a peace rose bush a few years ago. the flowers are absolutely beautiful but only last 2 days... i have several other rose bushes and all their flowews last 1-2 weeks on the plant... is their something wrong with my rose bush? Happy gardening

Please remember to hug your kids everyday! [Smile]
by Jiffymouse on April 23, 2006 09:02 AM
it really depends on the kind of rose it is. some of them are "day blooms" meaning they only last a day or so, but bloom a lot more, and some are "cut flower" type blooms meaning the blooms will last a week or more in the right conditions.
by Rosepetal on April 23, 2006 03:00 PM
Speaking of roses, is there a possibility of having tea roses as a houseplant? I'm really having problems keeping tea roses in my zone area (which is zone 3) outside over winter, they usually freeze off. I love tea roses and am wondering if I can have them as a houseplant?

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by Jiffymouse on April 23, 2006 03:55 PM
you can if you can provide them with enough light. you would need a flourescent fixture (any kind will do, although there are special "grow" lights) and a timer so that the light is on 12-14 hours a day. other than that, same kind of care, enough, but not too much water, feed periodically, and recognise that they need a dormant spell. even here in the south, my roses go dormant for about 3 months a year.
by Jorgie on April 24, 2006 02:35 AM
Your remark about Peace roses suprises me.

My folks had one in their yard for years and when they moved out of their house I dug it up and replanted it in my yard. It had huge blossoms that wpuld last for quite awhile. The year my Mother passed away it died too.
by Rosepetal on April 25, 2006 11:42 AM
Thanks Jiffymouse,
I'm going to try one sometime.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peace lily won't bloom| Next thread: Peach Apple Crisp »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: