The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

schefflera ia drooping

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Schefflera arboricola.| Next thread: schefflera plant »
Back to Thread index
by jejr on August 27, 2005 02:45 PM
my schefflera is drooping and dropping leaves.
the plant is about 8 years old and 5 foot tall.
it has never given me a problem until now. first i thought it was under watered...then maybe over watered....maybe pot bound....so i re potted it in a larger clay pot watered it and have kept it in the same place in front of the window.....as a rule it was watered about once per week since I've had it....maybe somebody has a suggestion since it is still drooping and getting worse....

thanks
by lindalee on September 02, 2005 09:01 AM
Maybe it has spider mites or some other little critters. I wash each leaf and the stem with soapy water. That gets those little guys.
You might want to let it listen to some nice music...Mine prefer Yanni.
ll
by Nako on September 02, 2005 09:15 AM
I think you've done the right thing so far ^.^ What i would do though, is instead of watering it once a week, check the soil before you water it to make sure the soil is actually dry. Overwatering can cause root rot, which you already know. But ya, its a good practice to check all your plants soil to make sure it actually needs watering before you water it.

hope that helps!
~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by tamara on September 02, 2005 08:08 PM
Mine is dropping leaves also, I thought it might be from the temperature change in the house, it's getting cooler now.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Schefflera arboricola.| Next thread: schefflera plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: