The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Disappointed

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by tkhooper on April 29, 2005 08:53 PM
I just planted my Chinese Lanterns and was I disappointed by the number of seeds in the packet. I had bought Wal-Mart Garden packets of seeds and they cost just as much as the other packets of seeds. But there were hardly any in there. I had dug out about 2 rows of 30" each for the seeds and it's starting to rain. Imagine my suprise when I only had enough seeds for a 15" stretch of one row.

Bad Wally World. [Razz] [tongue] [Mad] [tears]

-
 -
by phoenix on April 29, 2005 09:08 PM
[tears] BIG BUMMER
i've been disappointed by a few seed packs i purchased recently for the price, there should have been more seeds [Mad]
so then i thought well hey i'll be sure to get seeds from these plants so i guess that makes it even [Wink]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by 4Ruddy on April 29, 2005 10:44 PM
The best seeds I have ever bought was at Lowe's last year. They were zinnia seeds in a box mied with hummus or bone meal or something...anyway, there were a million seeds in that box and I had a HUGE zinnia patch by the house and a smaller one in the yard and seeds left over. I couldn't wait to get a box this year...but so far, they don't have them...and I threw away the box so I doneven kn what the company name was or anything...(not to bright). So, I broke down and bought seeds at Wal-mart....UGH...not even close!

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by loz on April 30, 2005 02:59 AM
Tammy I feel your pain....I too bought the walmart chinese lantern seeds this spring and was surprised at how few there were in there......I've never had them in the garden before but they look pretty cool.....just hope some of them actually grow.....
by tkhooper on April 30, 2005 03:14 AM
Well I know in Western Washington state where I grew up they didn't require anything in the way of care, so I have my fingers crossed. I think they are a great plant. Weezie mentioned that we might get as many as 15 seeds from one flower so we'll get our original seed count back if just one flowers. lol

-
 -
by afgreyparrot on April 30, 2005 06:38 AM
I feel your pain, as Clinton would say!
Awhile back I found packs of seeds 10 for $1.00!
Well, I bought a gazillion dollars worth of them! [Big Grin]
(well, actually I think about 100 packs!)
Well, no wonder they were ten cents each...not many seeds in them. But, for a dime apiece I guess I can't complain!

Vanessa...next time you want Zinnia seeds LET ME KNOW!
 -
I have gallon milk jugs full of them!
(...same goes for morning glory!)

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by duckie on April 30, 2005 07:14 AM
Very pretty .I love zinnias.

Thanks Cindy Lou,Jo,Faye. [grin]

Hey Vanessa,save your own seeds this year.It's really easy to do.Just ask the weirdo bird chick.

Tammy ,I've still got lots of seeds left.If you want some.Just let me know.A seed is a really bad,bad thing to go to waste. [grin]

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 30, 2005 02:05 PM
Hi Duckie,

I would love to have some more chinese lantern seeds but I don't have anything to trade.

-
 -
by 4Ruddy on May 01, 2005 01:54 PM
Oh those zinnias are WONDERFUL!!!! I dont know why, but they are one of my favorite flowers. I love having them in vases all around the house. Hope mine are that pretty this year!

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by MissJamie on May 02, 2005 04:18 AM
WOW THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL CINDY!! [thumb] [thumb] I've got a couple different types of zinnias and I'm gonna plant them tomorrow...I can't wait!!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: