The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Purple Cone Flower Question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Purple cone flower| Next thread: Purple Coneflower oddity »
Back to Thread index
by lillypearl on March 26, 2004 05:36 AM
I planted some liatris Purple cone flower last spring and it now appears that the corms are at the surface. I don't recall seeing these when I planted them intially. They are in a clump of 4 - 6. It also appears that there are some new sprouts coming off these corms. Do they need to be burried, divided and burried, or just left alone? [thinker]
by mom54 on March 30, 2004 09:31 PM
I'm a little confused by your question, as it seems you are talking about 2 different plants. The purple cone flower has"daisy-shaped" blossoms, with a dark center. They grow 18-24 in. tall. They also come in white. I planted seeds and they do reseed.
The Liatris is another plant that can grow very tall. They also come in white and purple,and a shade of red. They have many different names. They are like cone flowers only in that they attract Butterflys and Hummingbirds. In the fall, the birds pick on the cone flower, so I leave mine alone all winter. Hop that helped you little. [perplexed]

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Purple cone flower| Next thread: Purple Coneflower oddity »
Back to Thread index