The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Is It Toxic????

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: is it too late to plant seeds ??| Next thread: Is it true sugar? »
Back to Thread index
by jesussaves on November 11, 2004 02:31 AM
Does anyone have any idea whether peace lilies are toxic to budgies? Also are there certain types of plants that budgies like to nibble on?
I have 2 budgies, and i am hoping to convince them to be a little more social, and want to offer them some exciting greenery that won't hurt them.
thanks!
Michelle<>< [angel]

POBODIES NERFECT
by Jiffymouse on November 11, 2004 04:09 AM
if you do a forum search, there was a conversation about toxic plants not too long ago, and there was a link to the aspca's website that lists the plants known to be toxic to animals.
by jesussaves on November 11, 2004 04:11 AM
Thank you, I'll try that....I have been on a few searches about plants, and found lots of listings, but none of them mentioned peace lilies!
Thanx again!
Michelle<><

POBODIES NERFECT
by suzydaze on November 19, 2004 04:03 PM
I have done searches on toxic plants, and I have decided that almost everything is toxic, so just plant it.

here's a site listing peace lillies as toxic.
http://www.aspca.org/toxicplants/M01947.htm

I think the main thing with toxic plants would be how toxic is it?

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: is it too late to plant seeds ??| Next thread: Is it true sugar? »
Back to Thread index