The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Tips For Roses

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Needlepoint142 on April 10, 2006 01:00 AM
Hello,

I used to be a member of a rose society.

I'd like to share these two tips about pruning roses I learned. The member who told me this has won 100's of blue ribbons at rose shows.

First, clean your pruners with either Clorox or rubbing alcohol. This will prevent the spread of disease, etc., to other plants.

Second, after you prune your roses seal the cuts with Elmer's Glue. This will seal the cuts and prevent rose borers from invading the plant. You must use "regular" Elmer's because the school version is not waterproof.

Needlepoint142
by Michael15r on April 10, 2006 12:06 PM
Interesting tips needlepoint!.. Thank you! I can sure use any tips on rose, one of my roses had a disease which I don't know what it was called, but it would have spoted yellow leaves. But I used this spray from Rosepride and it correct the problem!

A Sunflower Garden #7
Check out my website.
by Cerry on April 11, 2006 10:27 PM
Needlepoint142 perhaps you can help me? I've posted a new topic called "growing from cuttings" and need urgent advice on a rose I'm trying to grow! I'd love some advice with you being a member of a rose society. Thanks!
Cerry

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: