The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help my money Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: help my jade tree!| Next thread: Help my Moses in the Cradle »
Back to Thread index
by nikki123 on October 04, 2004 11:31 PM
I received a braided money tree as a gift several weeks ago. I am pretty successful with most of my houseplants, but I am not sure what is going on with this one. Ith twisted "trunks" have become soft. I am not sure what the softness means, or what I need to do to save this plant. Also, the leaves are droopy and falling off slowly. It came in a decorative pot without a drain, so that may be the issue...but I am not sure. Help! What should I do?
by Longy on October 07, 2004 01:35 AM
It needs drainage Nikki. Pull it out of that pot and repot it. They're tough as nails so it should be OK.
by nikki123 on October 08, 2004 10:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Longy:
It needs drainage Nikki. Pull it out of that pot and repot it. They're tough as nails so it should be OK.
by 4estgraham on November 03, 2004 12:33 AM
I have the same problem with my Money Tree. My tree is about five years old. I bought it about eight months ago. Since then I have repotted it, keeping most of the original potting soil. Two of the main trunks have died or dried up. I am worried that the rest of the tree will die. The new pot does have drainage, I also keep the soil fairly dry. What could my problem be?
by QuercusAlb on November 09, 2004 03:24 AM
Another question, I've had a money tree for about 2 years, recently the lower leaves have been turning yellow and falling off, i only water it when it's dry and i've been giving it miricle grow in liquid drops and once i added osmocote. Why are the leaves turning yellow??? Do i want more fertilizer or less?
by Jiffymouse on November 09, 2004 03:45 AM
fertilize less. osmocote and drops are too much. one or the other but not both.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: help my jade tree!| Next thread: Help my Moses in the Cradle »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: