The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Slight help with Dracaena

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by QuincyKel on April 26, 2005 04:57 AM
Hello everyone. I have a slight problem with a Dracaena plant that I have. (I believe that it is Dracaena marginata....magenta) After I moved last summer, I think the plant was stressed, and 2 of 4 "trunks" dies completly, (My fault I know) but the other 2 have grown back very well. I recently repotted the remaining 2, (after I was sure the plant was completly OK again) and now I am noticing droopy leaves. I do not want the same thing to happen as last time, but I don't even know what caused it! Any help would be appreciated.
by Dixie Angel on April 26, 2005 05:11 AM
[wayey] Welcome to the forum, QuincyKel!

I am wondering if maybe you are watering your plant too much. I have one, too, (Marginata) and I have noticed that if I don't let it dry out before I water it, that it does the wilting thing. If not that, [dunno] , but someone else will be along shortly to give you more "in depth" answers!

Dianna

-
 -
by QuincyKel on April 26, 2005 05:37 AM
Yes, thank you. I did water it after I repotted it. Did your plant spring back up after a while?? I am a little afraid it will lose all of it's leaves.
by Dixie Angel on April 26, 2005 06:04 AM
I am not someone that is very knowledgeable about plants, QK, all I can tell you is about my experience. I am lucky my plants have survived me! If it is that particular problem, let it dry out before you water it again. Mine did not lose her leaves. She just wilted very badly.

Transplant shock might be something else you might want to research. If I could figure out how to put links up, I would help you research it.

Anyway, I am sure someone else will be along shortly to shed some more light on the possibilities.

Dianna

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 26, 2005 12:35 PM
Hi QK,

I'm a beginner and am not familiar with the plant you are having trouble with. I just wanted to say hello.

-
 -
by phoenix on April 26, 2005 05:34 PM
[wayey] QK,
I HAVE ONE ALSO AND I REPOTTED IT A WHILE BACK I DID WATER IT AFTERWARDS AND THE LEAVES GOT A LITTLE DROOPY , BUT DON'T FEAR IT WILL COME BACK.
[grin]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by QuincyKel on April 26, 2005 06:45 PM
Thanks guys...I feel better. I will watch out for the watering!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: