The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Miniature Snapdragons

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Miniature Snapdragons| Next thread: Miniature veggie garden »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on March 08, 2006 04:25 AM
This is the best picture I could get of these. They are the seeds that I got from Burpees. That are suppose to be mixed colors and I can't wait to see them bloom. ...I know I haven't even got them outside yet. But the other variety that I got last year looked so good that I've got my hopes up for these.

-

-
 -
by MRS.D on March 08, 2006 07:33 PM
hi Hoop,

they look really healthy [Smile]

the first question i ever posed on this site, was how to harvest snapdragon seeds. So ive got lots, millions in fact, of minature and large snapdragons.

Ive not been well recently, so have not been able to plant any seeds yet...but after seeing how well yours have done, it has given me some hope to be able to do them soon!! [thumb]

I just hope that they look as good as yours [flower]

well done and good look [clappy]

take care

Mrs.D.

[wavey]
by tkhooper on March 08, 2006 08:53 PM
Hi Mrs. D.,

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. The snapdragons took longer to come up than they were reported to but they finally made it. I'm very happy with them and hope that they all survive the hardening off process and transplanting. That starts this week so it's going to be a busy one for me. But I look forward to the improvement to the garden this will bring.

Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Take Care.

Tammy

-
 -
by weezie13 on March 09, 2006 12:29 AM
Tammy,
Are these the one's you asked about in a post,
ohhhhhh gosh, can't [nutz] remember where, but you said, the one's inside you just planted, didn't look like the one's that re~seeded outdoors????

The one's I was guessing maybe they were Toadflax??

They do look very different!!!!
Any closer shots of them???

***Mrs. D, I hope you are feeling well [thumb] [kissies] [angel] ...
Not to side [shocked] track from Tammy's post [critic] here, but I did see some different colored Sunflower [flower] seeds, at my local feed mill, the red/rust colored ones, mammoth's and a couple of yellow on'es...
They were very reasonable in price...
Did you ever find any where you are of the different colored one's???***

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by penny in ontario on March 09, 2006 12:57 AM
hi tammy,
looks good, and i bet you cant wait to plant them.
penny
by tkhooper on March 09, 2006 01:08 AM
Yes these are the ones that are different. They are almost furry in texture and much more rounded in shape. The leaves aren't as thick on the stem either.

No I'm not to good with the camera Weezie. When I try and get closer it just gets fuzzy lol. Maybe when they are bigger I'll get a better picture.

No I can wait to plant these outside because I have to carefully dig them a space between the ornamental onions and the gladiolus in one spot and between all the winter sown stuff that hasn't come up yet in another spot. So I can definitely way before I navigate that mine field lol.

-
 -
by weezie13 on March 09, 2006 01:49 AM
Yes, definately get a picture when they are a bit bigger...
I am very interested to see the flower on them..

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by patches1414 on March 09, 2006 07:12 AM
I love [Love] the miniature flowers (smaller varieties) and I have some daffodils, tulips, and irises; but I have never seen the miniature snapdragons and I still can't! I must be doing something wrong because there is no picture of them. [tears]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by tkhooper on March 09, 2006 11:02 PM
I moved some pictures around in photobucket and that must have messed up the link. Here it is:

-

-
 -
by MRS.D on March 10, 2006 03:26 AM
to all...

many thanks for your best wishes [Smile]

The Pups has been very bad lately, so i have been unable to get my seeds going....but

i am hopeful i shall be able that i will be able to do them very soon [thumb]

so nice to see other people's seeds growing..definately gives me the incentive ...thanks [clappy]

take care everyone

Mrs.D.

[wavey]
by MRS.D on March 10, 2006 03:29 AM
sorry..dont know what happened there!! lol...i meant to put LUPUS not pups lol

see ya

Mrs.D.

[wavey]
by patches1414 on March 10, 2006 04:33 AM
The snapdragon plants look great!!! [thumb] How tall will they get?

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by tkhooper on March 10, 2006 05:01 AM
I haven't had these kind before. My others I let topple over and the resulting spirals were 3 to 4 inches high each. They were planted 4 to a clump so that they looked like a little bush when they flowered. It's really cool. They have survived so far so when they flower I'll try to snap some pictures of them so you can see it.

-
 -
by Rosepetal on March 28, 2006 04:31 AM
Your snapdragons look great. Did you freeze them for 48 hours before seeding them? I started some too and forgot to do this - the instructions said I should, but they are up and growing tho' not as fast as my other ones. [Smile]

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by patches1414 on March 28, 2006 12:06 PM
Hey TK, I'm anxious to see the pictures when they have flowers on them. I was out today looking at seeds and I couldn't find any for the miniature snapdragons. [Frown]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
by tkhooper on March 28, 2006 01:00 PM
I bot the miniature snapdragons through Burpee's online catalog. I think it's going to be a far amount of time before they bloom. They are still very small.

No I didn't freeze them before I planted them. I must have missed that on the directions.

-
 -
by weezie13 on March 28, 2006 08:46 PM
Hey Tammy, did you get any new pictures of those one plants???

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by tkhooper on March 28, 2006 09:32 PM
Hi Weezie,

Not yet they really haven't grown or anything with the cold snap but maybe something will start happening in the near future. I hope so anyway.

-
 -
by weezie13 on March 28, 2006 10:06 PM
Keep me posted...

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by tashmoo on April 09, 2006 08:12 AM
Hi Tammy,
I just joined into this group so if I'm responding to your message wrong, I apologize. I just noticed you had good luck with snap dragon germination. I seeded (indoors, under grow light) some snaps and they germinated on time, and some have leafed out, but others never lost their seed on top of the stem which covered their first set of leaves. The the top of the stem kind of wilted. The stems are still green, but just kind of end. I'd like to think it's a little strange, but I'm losing faith and wondering what I did wrong (too much/not enough water; too cold (they're 60-70 deg). Have you ever encountered this behavior. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, mara
quote:
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Hi Mrs. D.,

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. The snapdragons took longer to come up than they were reported to but they finally made it. I'm very happy with them and hope that they all survive the hardening off process and transplanting. That starts this week so it's going to be a busy one for me. But I look forward to the improvement to the garden this will bring.

Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Take Care.

Tammy

by Bestofour on April 10, 2006 02:01 AM
Mrs. D., hope you're on the mend.

TK, I have some miniature snap seeds you sent that I've been waiting to direct sow outside in pots. Can't wait.

Did you tell me that you're working on a website or did I dream that?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by tkhooper on April 11, 2006 09:08 PM
Hi Tashmoo,

I'm not sure what causes a plant to do that. Sometimes I scrape off the seed casing if it is hanging on to long. Sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't.

Good luck with your seeds Sheri. I loved these little plants. Mine haven't started putting out any blooms yet but I don't expect it to be to much longer for the ones that overwintered. The others are little more than seedlings so I expect it will be much later for them.

I'm working on learning Dreamweaver so I can set up my website but so far it's not working at all well. My mind just isn't what it once was.

-
 -
by weezie13 on April 11, 2006 09:34 PM
Oh yesssssssss, pictures would be great, Tashmoo!!

And Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way, we're very glad you found us............
Pull up a chair and stick around..
There's lot's to do here, thru every season,
especially those long cold, blustery winters...
Theres' lot's of fun here.. friends and family alike..

Weezie

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Miniature Snapdragons| Next thread: Miniature veggie garden »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: