The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

money tree leaf discoloration

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Money Tree| Next thread: Money Tree (Pachira) problems? »
Back to Thread index
by ritchie902 on September 10, 2004 06:13 PM
i've had my money tree (pachira) for 5 monthes and it has been growing seemingly fine; bigger, new growth all the time. But i first noticed a week ago the leaves started looking like they were fading and becoming not so green, dried out a bit even. If anyone has any ideas or experience with money trees, it would be appreciated if you could help.
by Lily789 on September 15, 2004 01:35 AM
Hi,
There are many possible reasons for your problem.

How much light do you give it? Mine is placed next to a brght window with indirect light.

Do you fertilize it? Sometimes nutrient deficiencies can cause pale leaves.

Has it been underwatered? Don't let it completely dry out when watering (and on the other hand, don't drown it either). You said the leaves are dried.

No sign of bugs? Mold? Anything?

You should consider some possibilities before you do anything.

Good luck! [grin]

~Lily
by ritchie902 on September 15, 2004 06:07 PM
thanks for the tips. my plants is definetly not underwatered, so possibly overwatered or underfetilized. next time i water it, i'll try fertilizing. just curious as to what ratio of fertilizer is best for money trees. i've also read that when you do water them you should let them soak in water for like 20 min. is this true or should i just water it regular style. thanks again.
by Lily789 on September 16, 2004 02:01 AM
Overwatered? Did you check the roots? Without hurting it, try to get a peek at the root ball. They should be white or yellowish, as I've seen on mine.

I guess soaking and watering regular style would both work. I water my money tree regular-style, though I've heard of soaking as another method too. I don't know if money trees like to be soaked or not. I fertilize my money tree with Miracle-Gro, or some other famous brand. Usually they'll feed your plant nicely. [Wink]

Good luck!

~Lily

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Money Tree| Next thread: Money Tree (Pachira) problems? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: