The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Divinity Candy~~~ Suzydaze

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Dividing the Caladium| Next thread: DIY my garden »
Back to Thread index
by suzydaze on November 16, 2004 09:06 PM
Divinity Candy

2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup (the white one)
½ cup water*
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup broken nuts
** waxed paper needed for this recipe
Heat sugar, corn syrup and water in 2 -qt saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cook, with out stirring, to 260 degrees on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a hard ball. (I use thermometer, never could do hard ball soft ball with water--guess I’ve never been a ball player *L*) Remove from heat.
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form: continue beating while pouring hot syrup in a thin stream into the egg whites. Add vanilla; beat until mixture holds it’s shape and becomes slightly dull. ( you’ll think it’s not going to happen then boom! So keep an eye on it) (Mixture may become too stiff to mix with a mixer) Fold in nuts with a big spoon. Drop mixture from tip of a buttered spoon onto waxed paper to cool. Makes about 4 dozen candies.

* Use one tablespoon LESS water on humid days.
** I always spread waxed paper first before I start recipe two sheets cook sheet size

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by Jiffymouse on November 18, 2004 01:54 AM
thank you so much for posting the recipe! i can't wait to try it. and thanks for the tip about the water... that was always a problem for momma as we lived about 500 yards from the beach!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Dividing the Caladium| Next thread: DIY my garden »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: